Sins of the Father
Experience and Advancement
Each time your character fulfills one of the following criteria, gain 1 XP. Certain criteria have limits: for example, you may only gain 1 XP for a Dramatic Failure in a scene.
- If your character fulfills an Aspiration, gain 1 XP. At the end of the game session, replace the Aspiration. Choosing a new Aspiration is an excellent activity between games or to handle before the next game session.
- Some rolls and powers may impart Conditions on your character. Each Condition has criteria for resolution, usually requiring a difficult choice for the character. If resolved, gain 1 XP. You may only gain 1 XP for a Condition in a given scene.
- Once per scene, if you fail a roll, you may opt to take a Dramatic Failure instead. If you do so, gain 1 XP.
- Certain Conditions can have you take an automatic failure as part of their resolutions; you may make these failures Dramatic and gain 2 XP.
- If your character takes damage in one of her last (rightmost) Health boxes, gain 1 XP.
- The Storyteller can choose to award XP for any exceptional example of roleplaying, tactics or character development. If this involves more than one character, all of them should receive XP.
- Some Merits grant XP under certain conditions.
- At the end of any game session, gain 1 XP.
|Attribute||20 XP per dot|
|Skill||10 XP per dot|
|Skill Specialty||5 XP|
Clarity, Wisdom, Humanity, Synergy, Humanity, Harmony
|10 XP per dot|
|Willpower||5 XP per dot|
|Merit||5 XP per dot|
Wyrd, Gnosis, Azoth, Psyche, Blood Potency, Primal Urge
|25 XP per dot|
Affinity & Goblin Contracts, Ruling Arcana, Refinement Transmutations,
Manifestation, Clan or Bloodline Discipline, Primary Renown
|15 XP per dot|
Non-Affinity Contracts, Common Arcana, Non-Refinement Transmutations,
Non-Bloodline Discipline, Other Renown
|20 XP per dot|
New Ritual Power
|10 XP per dot|
|Inferior Arcana||30 XP per dot|
|New Key||30 XP|
|Totem Merit||?? XP|
|Tactic||3 XP buy-in|
Characters with More Experience
|King/Queen of the Hill||120|